If you are eligible you can have your own findhorn.cc email address. Before asking for an email address please note the following points:-
- setup and management of this service is being provided by me (Mark Anderson) on a best efforts, voluntary basis. Currently it costs me very little to run this, and I will continue to provide the service for free as long as the costs to run the service are minimal. If I am unable to run the service in the future, I will hand over the service to a suitable volunteer to continue running it.
- the email service itself is provided by Google, which has an excellent reliability record. The interface and features available are exactly the same as gmail/googlemail. If Google withdraws its free email service I will do my best to arrange something else, but I cannot guarantee it.
- to keep things simple, and to make it as easy as possible for people to email each other, all email addresses for individuals will be in the format – e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org Email addresses for groups and organisations will be the full name of the group/organisation.
- the intention is that by having a findhorn.cc address you are showing your support for our community. Therefore, if you cease to be eligible I reserve the right to delete your account.
- if an account is set up for a local group or organisation, the account rests with that group/organisation not the person who asked for it to be set up. So, if you no longer work with/for that organisation you must pass the account on to an appropriate person with that group/organisation.
- account passwords should not be shared between multiple people. If a group/organisational account needs to be shared between multiple people you can do so using Gmail’s delegated access feature.
- for full details on how the email service works and what it can do please see here.
- I own the findhorn.cc domain name. “.cc” obviously has nice connections for our community, though in fact it is the country domain (i.e. like .uk) for the Cocos (Keeling) Islands in the Indian Ocean. If you want to know more about the islands look here.
If you would like a findhorn.cc email account, please fill in this form. If you have any other questions, please email me –