Google is about to stop providing the free system which has allowed us to offer findhorn.cc email accounts for over 10 years, so new signups are no longer possible. Please see the announcement below, and FAQs below that. This page will be kept updated – the last update was on 31 March 2022.
Free email accounts are ending soon
Google announced in January that from 1 July 2022 it will be withdrawing the free Google service which has allowed us to run the free Google accounts for over 10 years.
I have been exploring options for the future of emails with the NFA, and going forward the NFA will take over administration of @findhorn.cc including the option for people to keep @findhorn.cc accounts on a paid-for basis.
If you have, and wish to keep, your email address you will be able to:
- forward your email address to any other email account. If you do this, then allcontent in your @findhorn.cc account will be permanently deleted at the end of June.
- keep your full account for an annual fee of £72. If you do this, then your @findhorn.cc account will continue as currently, and nothing will be deleted.
Everyone who currently has a findhorn.cc email address can have that address forwarded to a separate email account (e.g. gmail.com, outlook.com… etc). This will mean that findhorn.cc email addresses can continue to work. However, any content currently in your email account (email, contacts, calendars, Google docs, YouTube, etc) will need to be migrated to a different system if you wish to keep that content. Google has said that “in the coming months, we’ll provide an option for you to move your paid content and most of your data to a no-cost option”, but so far no further details are available. I’m afraid I am not able to offer any support for migrating content.
The details are still being worked out, but the current plan is that by paying an annual fee of £72 to the NFA, you will be able to keep your full account.
If you do not intend to pay for an account, and wish to keep any emails or other content that is currently in your account you should migrate that content elsewhere as soon as possible. Unless paid for, your @findhorn.cc account will be inaccessible from the beginning of June, and all content will be permanently deleted at the end of June.
Further details will be announced in April for how to sign up for email forwarding or paid accounts.
- Mid April: signup details available for email forwarding and paid accounts.
- 1 June or shortly after: all accounts not paid for will be suspended.
- w/c 27 June: all accounts not paid for will be permanently deleted.